1. If your having trouble making up a story, reference one of your favorite books for ideas. This may sound like cheating, but looking other authors ideas may spark ideas of your own!
2. I find that after I finish reading a great book is a great time to write. After you read, there are all these thoughts swirling around your head: "Whats going to happen to the main character" "I cannot believe that happened!" All those thoughts provoke your own original ideas: "I bet this i going to happen", "If I were the author, THIS would happen next". You can apply these new thoughts to your own story!
3. Journals are AWESOME! I use them all the time for brainstorming. Even when they are basically gibberish, they are a great help with coming up with ideas.
4. Its okay to have multiple drafts, when I wrote my book, I had three! Ideas don't always come out of nowhere, sometimes they seep out slowly, and multiple drafts are a great way to help release these Ideas.
5. When you are finally done with your project, make sure to proofread once, of even twice! It will make your writing much more professional. (Im going to proofread this article as soon as i'm done writing it!)
So that's all I got for you guys, have fun writing!