While you may think that summer means absolutely no learning or reading, some days, a book is a great thing to lose yourself in. Also, many schools have summer reading challenges, encouraging students to read books over the summer. For whatever reason you wish to read, I have compiled a list of books that I've loved over the years, and I hope you will also enjoy.
- The Magic Treehouse series by Mary Pope Osbourne (I am especially partial to Book #41 where they meet Mozart.)
- The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper
- Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
- Biographies in general
- John Green books (bit mature though, so good for 13+).
- The Secret Series by Psuedonymous Bosch.
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
- The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton (maybe best for older kids also).
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins ( probably older readers material for violence).
These are just a few of my favorites.... Share a few of yours in the comments, and hope you find a good book to read this summer! Many communities have libraries, so make sure to stop by.
- Evil Ladybug