Always the innovator, Godric came up for the concept of #filmchallenge in late September. Later in October, her completed challenge was posted as were ones by Forte and Evil Ladybug. You may have heard of it, but how does it work?
1. At the start of a month, get two jars and put slips of paper in with one jar containing genres and the other containing formats. Some genres are horror, sci-fi, romance, action/adventure, comedy, and drama. A few examples of formats of your short film are stopmotion/animation, narrative live action, noir, ten second film, mock documentary, and music video.
2. Draw a slip from each jar.
3. Get thinking about how you'll be presenting these prompts, and be creative! Out-of-the-box thinking will take you far, and inspiration can be found in a lot of places.
4. Get together whatever you need to shoot this film- camera, iPhone, props, actors, places, anything.
5. Use your camera to shoot your film.
6. Edit it in anyway you want if you choose to. This could include adding transitions, special effects, or music.
7. Upload to diy.org under the hashtag #filmchallenge . You can post your film challenge any time before the end of the month. Then you start again, if you want for the next month!
We can't wait to see what you submit, and soon, we'll make a compilation of our favorite film challenge projects!
Good luck and happy filming!